Dear OTCBTC users,
According to OTCBTC white paper, we use 20 percent of our quarterly profits to buy back and burn OTB. 1549032.74658 OTB will be bought back and burnt in 2019 Q1 (2019/02/01~2019/04/30), in line with the business performance.
The burn was executed on 2019/4/30. check the burn record
Major New Features:
- 2019/02 The first BitTorrent (BTT) Airdrop was completed. The tokens are distributed and available for withdrawal.
- 2019/02 ETH Constantinople & Petersburg Hard Fork was completed.
- 2019/03 OTB discount rate was adjusted to 25% at 00:00 on 2019/3/1 (UTC+8).
- 2019/04 OTCBTC risk control system was upgraded. It is now better at detecting and restricting abnormal activities such as suspicious trades and click farming.
- 2019/02 Exchange: The charts in Exchange section display faster now.
- 2019/02 My Wallet: The withdrawal limit for altcoins was enhanced, it now adjusts according to the market price.
- 2019/02 Exchange: Order alert was added. Users will get an alert when their offer price is 2% higher or 2% lower than the market price to avoid human error.
- 2019/02 OTC: Payment method setting was enhanced. When users post an offer, the system won’t show the option of displaying payment methods in the order after a payment method is selected.
- 2019/02 Exchange: In “My Order History”, users can find partially completed orders in the list.
- 2019/02 OTC: Bug fix - Some users can’t place orders with a supported payment method.
- 2019/02 Exchange: In basic view, users without two-factor authentication and phone verification will be notified to verify themselves before placing an order.
- 2019/02 Exchange: Bug fix - Users are notified insufficient balance when they click 100% to set the order amount sometimes in basic view.
- 2019/02 Register: Bug fix - The system says the phone number is invalid even though it’s correct.
- 2019/02 Exchange: Bug fix - Users need to refresh the page after they tick hide other markets in open orders in basic view.
- 2019/03 Exchange: Bug fix - Some users can’t see the order history.
- 2019/03 OTC: In My Trades - Overview, sellers identity information is added in the list to make it easier for verifying and allow faster trading.
- 2019/03 Deposits & Withdrawals: Bug fix - XRP TAG QR code is invalid sometimes.
- 2019/03 OTC: Bug fix - Orders can be rated more than once sometimes.
- 2019/03 Deposits & Withdrawals: Enhanced EOS withdrawal to a smart contract address. If users withdraw to other platforms (Binance, Huobi, etc) without MEMO), the system will notify users to fill in MEMO.
- 2019/04 OTC: OTCBTC Merchant Plans are now Business Plans to make it a better experience for OTC users.
- 2019/02 Android OTC v1.4.0 (beta) was released.
Added - Token Withdrawals.
Fixed - Some users receive duplicate notifications about orders.
- 2019/02 iOS OTC v1.2.8 (beta) was released. Fixed - Some users see order errors sometimes.
- 2019/02 iOS App Store v1.0.9 was released. Added - Announcements in the app. Added - Deposits in the app. Added - Enable and disable two-factor authentication in the app.
- 2019/03 iOS Exchange v.0.2.2 (beta) was released. Update - OTB discount rate was updated.
- 2019/03 Android OTC v1.4.1 (beta) was released. Added - “Buy them all” allows users to buy all the coins in the offer. Enhanced - Payment method settings are enhanced. Added - Users can restrict only trade with buyer/sellers registered X days ago or in the whitelist when they post an offer. Added - In the order details view, users can see chat history by page.
- 2019/03 Android OTC v1.4.2 (beta) was released. Fixed - Sometimes withdrawal addresses can’t be created. Fixed - Sometimes when users edit the floating price for an offer, the price won’t change.
- 2019/03 iOS OTC v1.3.0 (beta) was released. Added - Set up payment methods in the app. Added - Check users’ permission and trading volume in the app. Added - Team and Enterprise users can use a different team member’s identity to place orders and post offers. Fixed - In the chat history, “Paid” is not showing sometimes.
- 2019/03 Android OTC v1.5.0 (beta) was released. Added - New users guide. Added - Edit personal information in the app. Enhanced - A better unread notification in the order list. Added - Check the seller’s identity information in the order. Fixed - Sometimes the app crashes when OTB amount exceeds in the referral. Fixed - Sometimes users’ avatar is not showing in the live chat.
- 2019/04 Android Exchange v1.1.0 (beta) was released. Added - Biometric authentication is enabled for some phones.
OTCBTC has been focusing on our user’s asset security all along. We aim to build a crypto exchange platform that is safe and beginner-friendly. Our risk control system had a couple of updates and has formed a rigorous, proactive, alert and automated processing mechanism. This ensures the trading security for all our users. At the moment, OTCBTC is working hard on security and preparing for compliance.
Compliance is an important topic for the future of the crypto market. Taiwan also plans to establish and publish a cryptocurrency regulatory system in the near future. OTCBTC will focus on compliance, effectively protect users' assets, and take further actions to prevent money laundering, etc.
Crypto exchange compliance will attract more traditional investors to participate in the crypto market, helping to expand and formalize the blockchain industry. OTCBTC will continue to strengthen our compliance and security level, continue to meet the latest market demand and standard, ready to meet the needs of more crypto traders, and strive to become a more compliant and safer crypto trading platform.
Thank you for supporting OTCBTC.