Dear OTCBTC users,
1. OTCBTC will no longer support any forked coin or airdrop by default. If we support a project, it will be announced 7 days prior.
2. OTCBTC supports the EOS Ecosystem. We closely follow projects that are set to airdrop and will take EOS snapshots for our users. If the project is proven to be sustainable and we can confirm the project compliance and the candies are secured, we will distribute the tokens to our users.
3. In regard to trading, tokens must go through the listing procedure.
Behind this decision
1. There has been lots of news around the security of Ethereum digital assets. Most of them involve smart contracts that were not written or audited properly. If someone were to take advantage of these flaws, it will put traders’ and exchanges’ assets at risk.
2. EOS is a newly emerging open source application and yet to launch its mainnet. Its security is not tested by the public. In regard to the tokens and the smart contracts on EOS network, not only no one knows the contract detail, but also it’s not possible to test the contract security. (security flaws include unlimited tokens, transferring token balance to any address, and etc)
3. All projects have different airdrop and distribution methods. Some are distributed automatically to the wallet address, while some require users to take action with their wallet address. After that, there is no guarantee of the distribution. Some even manipulated token price using minor exchanges.
Allowing anonymous or suspicious projects on our platform can put our users’ assets at risk in the future. OTCBTC is a genuine exchange platform, dedicated to protecting our user’s assets. To ensure the security of your assets, we have to be cautious with every token listing decision.
Thank you for your support.
Find us on